Monday, July 27, 2009

A tale of two totes.....

At last, some photos! It's only two projects but at least I finally have something to show. This first tote bag is for my best friend. She sent me a hospital scrub shirt and some green fabric and said "make me a bag out of this". It was a challenge because the shirt had pockets that I had to work around. Which resulted in two different sides to the tote. I think it took me longer to deconstruct the shirt than sew the whole bag! In the end, I am pleased with the result. I think the different sides gives it some character. I hope she likes is as much as I do!

This next tote is for me. Wow, it's been a while since I made something for myself! I ordered this beautiful fabric online a while ago and just couldn't decide what to make out of it. I think this turned out really cute. And I have plenty of fabric left over. I think I will make a dress for the pixie with the rest of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment