Friday, November 20, 2009

Sid's Nightgown

Every year I give the Gurranimals a pair of pajamas on Christmas Eve. This year I decided to make them. I sat down to make them the other day and realized the pattern I bought for Sid's nightgown was the wrong size. Instead of waiting to get a new pattern I decided to just improvise. I wanted to make a nightgown with long sleeves but I didn't have any patterns with sleeves. So I decided to take two of my favorite sun dresses and combine them. She can wear a long sleeve shirt under it for winter, and still be able to wear it when it warms up. Maybe I will make a ruffled top like Raggedy Ann's to go under it. I absolutely love the fabric. How cute is the Raggedy Ann & Andy print, and it is super soft flannel. I think I'll make a matching nightie for her favorite doll.

No comments:

Post a Comment