Saturday, December 20, 2008

Holiday Baking


YUM YUM YUM Biscotti cookies! My Grandma Lucy always had homemade almond biscotti cookies in her pantry. It has been more than 20 years since I can remember being at my grandmothers house and enjoying these treats. I have often craved these cookies, yet never baked them myself. Store bought biscotti are just not the same. Wishing, now that I have my own children, that I had the exact recipe used to make the biscotti that graced my grandmothers kitchen so I could share a memory from my childhood with them. I did find a recipe online that I decided to try and I baked biscotti for the first time. To my surprise they were pretty darn yummy. And not to mention super simple. I guess I always thought they would be hard to make, anything that yummy had to be hard, right? Now that I know how easy and tasty they are, they are sure to be a tradition in my pantry as well...even if they aren't Grandma Lucy's biscotti they will become a favorite for sure.

1 comment:

  1. I would love to try this recipe. Love your blog. I am trying to figure out how to be a follower to your blog. We missed you at sewing last night. Sorry I couldn't make it on sunday to JoAnns. LA

    ReplyDelete