Sunday, December 28, 2008

Afternoon of sewing

I finally sat down and had an afternoon to sew! My father in-law gave me my late mother in-laws sewing table so I have a place to sew finally. I don't have to drag everything out and spread my stuff in the dining room anymore. YIPPEE! I have somewhere to leave my machine set up, it's awesome. So, I set it up in my bedroom in front of the fireplace. I am excited to have Donna's table, it makes me happy to think about how she sat there and made things for my husband when he was a little boy.
Anyhow, this is what I made today, a dust cover for my sewing machine. I used a heavy canvas material and appliqued this adorable girl (inspired by Black Apple Dolls) on the front. I love how it turned out.

I was also able to make a gift bag for the apron I made for my friends b-day. I think it is cute but after making my sewing machine cozy I am disappointed that I didn't think of putting the dolls body on the bag as well. I made the bag first. I stuffed the face a bit since I used safety eyes. I wish I had an embroidery machine so I could put her name on it, it's missing something. But it is still very cute and I think it will be liked by the recipient.

1 comment:

  1. I would love to see a picture of you new sewing table with the dust cover that you made for your sewing machine. Could you post pictures???? LA

    ReplyDelete