Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I hope everyone had a fantastic St. Patrick's Day!
I had a fun day with the wee Gurranimals.
I baked some vegan Irish soda bread with Ethan. We called it math and science for school today, learning is fun! We made our bread green for a bit of festiveness. After one loaf of bread Ethan was done learning in the kitchen. But I stuck around to make more yummy holiday foods.






Here is a loaf of yummy beer bread.






Here is my version of corned beef and cabbage.
Since I am a vegetarian I obviously couldn't be authentic here. This is seitan corned beef, which was delicious, and napa cabbage. You can find the "corned beef" recipe here: http://everydaydish.tv/index.php?page=recipe&recipe=98








Here is my dinner plate.
Seitan corned beef, cabbage, soda bread,beer bread, and super festive green navy beans. The green navy beans were renamed "Hulk beans". The kids thought they were fun.



Of course everyone wore green so there was no pinching happening in our house. I couldn't get a photo of Ethan, but here's the other wee ones.

As usual, the pixie chick was not shy in front of the camera.



3 comments:

  1. Hulk beans! What a great idea! I love the green dress. Did you make that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I did make her top, but it seems to be a bit small already, LOL. I really need to add another row of ruffles so it fits proper. They grow SO fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Thanks for the comment! Hyena cart is a great place to look for retired fabrics.

    http://hyenacart.com/hc_search.php?all=pul+fabric+yard&c=1

    ReplyDelete