Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Weekend

I hope everyone had a fantastic and safe Memorial Weekend. We had a very relaxed weekend at home....just the way I like it! We had a camp out in the backyard. The Gurranimals really enjoy doing that. And I love it because there is NO planning and NO packing involved! We set the tent up, drag out the fire pit and there ya go...instant camping trip!
Saturday morning I woke up early and went for a bike ride with Jennifer....Hi Jenn! It was such a great bike ride, we rode 20 miles....woo hoo! I can't wait for next Saturday, we have a standing plan to ride every Saturday morning. I ride my bike just about every night, but I don't have the time during the week to devote to riding like I want to. I only average about 8 miles a night during the week. So weekends are awesome and I hope I can continue to do 20 miles every Saturday and Sunday.
Sunday we had some dear friends spend the afternoon with us. Sadly this will be the last time we get to hang out with them for a long time. They are moving away to Colorado. We haven't had many opportunities to hang out with them, so we made the most of our last chance. They brought Spike with them, I was so happy to see him. Spike was my baby for about 3 years. But when Liam became mobile, he picked on the poor dog. He stole Spikes food for snacks...YUCK....he drug him out of his doggy bed and would lay in it himself, they licked each other...DOUBLE YUCK! They just were not a good match. So to save poor Spike, we sent him to live with our friends....where he is the happiest dog on the planet! So it was really nice to get to visit with Spike before he moved away.

This is handsome Spike.
So we spent our day relaxing out in the backyard, we ordered pizzas and when the sun went down we roasted marshmallows in the fire pit. The kids had a blast. I haven't transferred the photos to the computer yet, but as soon as I do I will post them.
So that just leaves today. Not much went on today....mostly because I am pooped out from sleeping in the backyard for two days! I did get up and ride my bike though. I had to take advantage of Papa Bear being home! So I went out and rode 13 miles. Came home did some chores, made dinner and then went back out and rode some more. I rode 23 miles today! Loved it! But now I am worn out from our "relaxing" weekend and it is time for bed.
Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment